These taco cups are the perfect appetizer or fun twist on taco night! Layers of seasoned bean and cheese are baked in layers of Tortilla in a cupcake pan, then finished off with your favorite taco toppings. How cute are these taco cups? They’re as much fun to make as they are to eat, and make a delicious and hearty snack for any occasion.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup boiled or mashed pinto bean or Kidney bean
- 1 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 tablespoons chopped green chilli
- 4 tortilla
- salt to taste
- 1 small chopped avocado
- 1 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped lettuce
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Add the taco seasoning to the pan, add the beans pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes.Switch of the gas.
- Add tomatoes, green chili and salt to taste. You may not need to add salt if your brand of taco seasoning already contains salt.
- Take all the tortillas and cut into square pieces.
- Place one tortilla square into the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Spoon approximately 1 tablespoon of bean into each cup and top with approximately 2 teaspoons of cheese.
- Place a second tortilla layer on top of the cheese, then repeat with a bean and cheese layer. add the remaining bean and cheese across all the muffin cups.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until edges are browned and cheese is melted.
- Top each taco cup with a chopped avocado, sour cream and a sprinkle of lettuce , coriander leaves and tomato, then serve.
- Notes: you can use any kind of canned beans.