How about a delicious treat for the coming festive season. Badam- anjeer roll is a favorite festive sweet. Easy and simple Indian sweet dessert recipe made with layers of almond and fig dough. It is basically an extension to the popular kaju anjeer roll. It is an ideal sweet recipe, which can be made for any occasion and can be served with friends and family.
- 1 cup Badam
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 8-9 pieces Fig(Anjeer)
- 1 tablespoon Ghee or butter
- 2 tablespoon Milk powder
- Silver leaf (chandi varak)
For almond mixture-
- Soak almonds overnight. Add warm water and let it rest for 10 min.Now remove the skin, it will easily peel off.
- Transfer almonds to a mixer Grind it to a paste by adding milk.
- Take a thick non-stick bottom pan add almond paste and sugar into it and stir constantly. Cook until it gets thick and dense in consistency.
- When mixture gets thick, take it out in a plate and allow it to cool.
For Fig mixture-
- Soak fig in lukewarm water for one hour.
- Drain the water and grind it into a paste and add very little water while grinding.
- Take non-stick pan and add fig paste, milk powder and ghee. Cook it by stirring continuously on medium-low heat until it becomes a thick paste.
- Let the mixture cool for an hour.
To assemble the pinwheels-
- Take the almond mixture in hand and make one dough ball. Place it over parchment paper. Press with hand and flatten. Now with the help of a rolling pin, press gently and roll into 1/3 cm thin and square sheet.
- Now spread Fig mixture onto the almond sheet very gently.
- roll tightly. Add silver varakh (optional) refrigerated for 1 hours.After that cut into slices, Serve.