Here’s one of my favorites – Homemade Apple Cider! Cozy, lightly spiced, the perfect drink for the family and for entertaining guest. Mulled apple cider is a warm and comforting beverage perfect for chilly autumn and winter days. A classic comfort drink, made with apple cider, spices like cinnamon and cloves, and optional fruit or honey. You can even add a splash of non-alcoholic apple cider or cranberry juice for an extra kick.
Homemade Apple Cider/Mulled apple ciderCourse: Uncategorized
6 cups water
2 large apples, unpeeled and cut into fourths
2 small tangerines, cut in half (leave the peel on)
1 2-inch roll of cinnamon
2 piece star anise
1 tbsp. honey, maple syrup, or brown sugar (adjust to taste)
- Slice the apples, remove the seeds. Slice the orange, remove the seeds.
- Pour six cups water into a medium size pot. Add the apples, tangerines, cinnamon, star anise and cloves. Bring to a boil and then cook covered on a medium flame for 30-40 minutes until the fruit softens completely and allowing the flavors to infuse.
- Let it cool to room temperature Use a potato masher to mash all the fruits well.
- and then strain through a strainer, pressing the fruit in the end to get all the pulp. Discard the skin and the spices.
- Taste and adjust sweetness with additional honey, maple syrup, or brown sugar as desired.
- Serve hot in mugs, garnished with additional cinnamon sticks, orange slices, or a dollop of whipped cream.
- Spicy Twist: Add a pinch of ground ginger, allspice, or cayenne pepper for a bit of heat.
- Fruity Fusion: Add chopped apples, cranberries, or pears for additional fruit flavors.