Easy Homemade Hummus – doesn’t get much better than this. Add an international feel to your party with middle eastern delicacy hummus. I’m obsessed with this hummus recipe. Not only is it fast and easy, it’s fresh, super creamy and delicious. And it comes together in minutes! Made with organic canned chickpeas, homemade tahini and a few other fresh ingredients, it’s the best homemade hummus recipe.
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup smooth tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, more to taste
- 3 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Garnishes: A sprinkling of paprika, a swirl of olive oil, toasted pine nuts, vegetables and/or chopped parsley
- In a high-speed blender, place the chickpeas, tahini olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt. blend until very smooth, adding water as needed to blend, and/or to reach your desired consistency.
- Transfer to a serving plate, top with desired garnishes and serve with warm pita and veggies, as desired.
1.Keep covered and in the refrigerator for 6-7 days. This will not freeze well.
2.You can use dry chickpeas. Soak chickpeas overnight and boil chickpeas in a pressure cooker or instant pot.
Ingredients For Tahini
- 1 cup white sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt, optional
1.Add sesame seeds to a wide saucepan over medium-low heat and toast, stirring constantly until the seeds become fragrant and very lightly colored (not brown), 3 to 5 minutes. Careful here, sesame seeds can burn quickly.
Transfer toasted seeds to a large plate and cool completely.
2.Add sesame seeds to the bowl of a food processor then process until a crumbly paste forms, about 1 minute.Add 4 tablespoons of the oil then process for 2 to 3 minutes more, stopping to scrape the bottom and sides of the food processor a couple times. Check the tahini’s consistency. It should be smooth, not gritty.
3.Taste the tahini for seasoning then add salt to taste. Process 5 to 10 seconds to mix it in.Store tahini covered in the refrigerator for one month.