Chaat is one word for a variety of Indian street food that is served all across the country. There are so many different types of chaat available – Pani Puri, Bhel Puri, Sev Puri, Masala Puri etc.Shakarkandi chaat is a delicious sweet and tangy street food of sweet potatoes. This spicy and tangy Sweet Potato Chaat is inspired from Aloo Chaat.
- 3 large Sweet Potato
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp Tamarind Date Chutney
- 3-4 Tbsp Mint leaves finely chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp Coriander Leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tsp Red Chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2-3 tsp Lime Juice
- 2 tsp Chaat masala
- 2 tsp Roasted Cumin powder to taste
- 1 tsp Black salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Olive oil for grilling
- Salt to taste
1.In a mixing bowl, add olive oil, garlic, red chilli flakes, tamarind chutney, black salt, chat masala, cumin powder, lemon juice, freshly chopped mint and coriander leaves and salt & pepper to taste, mix well and coat the sliced sweet potatoes.
2. Set a grill pan on medium heat, add olive oil and grill the coated sweet potatoes on both sides until crisp and golden brown. Your Chatpati shakarkandi is ready to be served.