A Tropical Twist on a Desi Classic! Falooda, a refreshing and layered Indian dessert, gets a delightful tropical twist with the addition of juicy pineapple! This vibrant creation promises a symphony of creamy textures, sweet and tangy flavors, and a burst of sunshine in every bite. Falooda is the ultimate Indian summertime treat. Cool and refreshing, this exotic dessert drink with layers of jello, sweet basil seeds, vermicelli, creamy milk, ice cream, fruits and nuts will quench your sweet desires, leaving you thirsting for more. Pineapple falooda is a delightful way to enjoy a cool and refreshing dessert with a tropical twist. It’s perfect for a hot summer day, a post-meal treat, or even a festive occasion. So grab your ingredients, unleash your creativity, and get ready to experience a taste of sunshine in every bite!
Pineapple FaloodaCourse: Ice Creams
1 tablespoon basil seeds
½ cup water
½ pack falooda sev or Vermicelli available in Indian grocery stores
2 cup Milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp Pineapple essence
¾ Cup Pineapple Jelly, divided
4 Scoops Vanilla Ice-cream, divided
½ Cup Chopped Pineapple , divided
for Garnish (optional):
3 pc Fresh Cherries
- Soaking the Basil seeds:
- Place the seeds in a fine strainer and rinse them under running water
- Transfer to a big enough bowl. Add water and let them soak for at least 20 minutes
- Just before assembling the falooda, strain the excess water(if there is any) from the seeds and set aside.
- Preparing the Vermicelli:
- Follow the packet instructions.
- As instructed on the packet I bought, I soaked the vermicelli in hot water for 5 minutes
- Drain the excess water and let the vermicelli cool to room temperature
- Transfer to an air-tight container and refrigerate until you start assembling the falooda.
- Assembling the falooda:
- Before assembling, keep all the ingredients, garnishes, straws and spoons ready at hand.
- In a tall glass, first add a couple of spoonful of Pineapple Jelly (Make pineapple jelly as instructed on the packet)
- Add couple of spoonful of the bloomed Basil seeds
- Follow this with a layer of the Vermicelli
- Add pineapple Rabri
- Add chopped pineapple pieces
- Add two scoops of the Vanilla Ice-cream
- Top up with the pineapple Rabri
- Garnish with nuts
- Insert the straw and Long-Spoon into the Glass. Serve immediately.
- ROSE FALOODA: This is a classic falooda flavor. Layers of rose syrup, rose flavored jello or any red jello, vermicelli, basil seeds, thick milk, vanilla or rose ice cream. Top with chopped nuts, rose petals and rose syrup.
- MANGO FALOODA: Layers of mango jello, mango puree, vermicelli, basil seeds, thick milk, fresh mango, vanilla ice cream. Top with chopped nuts and tutifruti.
- KULFI FALOODA: Stir some drops of saffron water and cardamom with the thick milk. Cut kulfi into bite size pieces and use it instead of ice cream. Layers of vermicelli, basil seeds, thick saffron milk, kulfi, Rose syrup. Top with pistachios and almonds.