This hot corn dip will be the best use of corn. Hot Corn Dip – Perfectly Creamy And Cheesy With The Best Mexican Flavors. Everyone Goes Crazy Over This Corn Dip Recipe! Hot Corn Dip is such a delicious and easy appetizer recipe to serve with chips, crackers, or veggies! The perfect game day party appetizer ever!
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed or substitute with 3 medium fresh corn ears or 1 canned corn (15- ounce)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened at room temp
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup Cheese sauce
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped finely, divided use
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 red capcsicum / bell pepper , diced
- 1 green capsicum / bell pepper , diced
- 1 small red onion , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Green chillies or jalapeño finely chopped
- ¼ cup Coriander / cilantro , chopped
- corn chips, for dipping
- Add 2 tsp oil in a skillet over high heat. Add corn and garlic. Cook, stirring for 4-5 minutes or until corn is golden. Transfer corn to bowl.
- Add 1 tsp of oil. Add both capsicums and onion, cook for 2 minutes until softened. Add to a bowl with corn.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, cheese sauce stirring until no lumps remain.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except cheddar cheese.
- Spread the mixture in a prepared dish and sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until mixture is warm and cheese is melted.
- Optional – place under broiler for approximately 30 seconds to brown cheese if desired.
- Garnish with coriander, green onion and red pepper.
- Serve warm with chips, crackers, or veggies.
Slow Cooker Method: Place all ingredients in a small slow cooker, and heat on low for 1 1/2 hours, or until all cheese is melted.