Presenting a family favorite, Badam Pista Burfi – an aromatic Indian dessert with a delightful balance of a mild sweet taste and a light fudgy texture. Badam and Pista Burfi is a very rich and delicious dessert with the goodness of almonds and Pista. It will be loved and cherished by everyone in your family. It is a perfect recipe to begin your Diwali celebrations and bring joy into your lives. I like to add saffron which gives a nice yellow color and divine smell.
- 2 cup Badam (Almonds)
- 1-1/2 cups Milk
- ¼ cup Pista powder (Pistachios)
- 1-½ cup Sugar
- Saffron few stand
- 2 tablespoon milk
- Chandi ka vark (edible silver leaves) to garnish(optional)
- soak the almonds overnight and peel the skin.
- Take 2 Tbsp of warm milk & add saffron.
- Blend Pista to make a powder. Sieve to get rid of any coarse pistachio pieces.
- Grind the almonds with milk to a fine paste in a mixer grinder. Mix the almond paste and sugar and transfer it to a non-stick pan. Keep the gas on medium heat and keep stirring.
- keep stirring until the mixture starts to leave the side of the pan. (this might take around 30 minutes)
- Remove mixture in a grease plate.
- Divide mixture in 2 equal parts.
- Add 2 Tsp saffron milk to one part for flavor. Mix it well.
- Transfer the mixture into tray lined with butter paper or parchment. Spread it evenly and make one layer. Kesar Badam layer is ready, set it aside.
- Add pista powder to another part.Mix it well.
- Spread it evenly over the Kesar Badam layer, set it aside.
- Garnish with silver vark. Refrigerate for 2-3 hrs. Cut the pieces as you desired..
- Pista Badam Burfi is ready..!! Enjoy it with friends and family.